Is $1,800 Social Security Checks Coming For All in 2024 or not, who is eligible & what are payment dates is discussed here in this article. For millions of Americans, understanding social security payments is more than just financial planning; it’s a source of a secure retirement and a safer future for them after years of hard work and paying taxes on time.
As the month of February inches closer at start , there are certain things which might interest all the Social Security beneficiaries: the arrival of $1800 Social Security Checks for all. With the increase in COLA in 2024, there is a potential for these checks to even increase. Through this article, You can get insights on the overview eligibility criteria, payment dates and how to apply or track status.
$1,800 Social Security Checks Coming
The news of $1800 social security checks has been doing rounds on various news portals and social media. However, the figure is an average amount which a receiver can get based on fulfillment of eligibility criteria, COLA percentage, adjusted gross income (AGI) etc. Also, this is the speculated amount, and all are awaiting SSA’s further orders.
Social Security Checks refer to the fixed monthly payments distributed by the Social Security Administration (SSA) to the eligible beneficiaries. It was established in 1935 under the Social Security Act, and since then, it has become an important part of the country’s welfare system.
Social Security Checks are provided according to the taxes paid, salary, working year, and more. These payments include:
- retirement benefits
- disability benefits
- survivor benefits
- spousal benefits
- Supplementary Security Income (SSI)
The exact amount of the payment depends on the type of benefit, the recipient’s work history, and other factors. They are generally issued on the second, third, and fourth Wednesdays of each month, and the exact date of payment depends on the recipient’s birth date.
$1,800 Social Security Checks: Overview
|$1,800 Social Security Checks
|Country of Origin
|Regulating body / Department
|Future support for regular taxpayers
|Depends on each type of benefit
|Expected month of payment
Eligibility For $1,800 Social Security Checks
Since Social Security Checks combines all the types of payments (such as retirees, disability, SSI etc.) depending upon what is the status of the receiver, so here is the overall eligibility requirements to at least get the average $1,800 Social Security Checks:
- Age: Minimum age should be 62 years and above.
- Income: Must be below Federal Poverty Line to qualify to get fixed monthly checks. (SSI)
- Resources: Cost of common resources like cash, bank account, immovable and movable property should be below a threshold point. Combined cost of resources should not be more than:
- $2,000 for individuals
- $3,000 for couples
- Disability: If the person’s age is below 65 years and is disabled, then a written proof is required from medical authority which states:
- Disability causing death.
- Disability restricting work potential till retirement age.
- Disability affecting regular actions.
- Citizenship: Active citizen of United States with valid proof of documentation like passport.
- Social Security Number: When participating in Social Security benefits-approved services, a person must have an active Social Security Number (SSN).
Factors Which Can Affect $1,800 Social Security Checks
Some key factors which can affect social security benefits on time to time . So You are advised to have a loot at some important factors listed below.
Earnings History: Depends upon how long a person has worked till retirement. Higher lifetime income result in higher Social Security checks.
Full Retirement Age (FRA): It varies depending on the year of birth which ranges from 65 to 67. Claiming benefits before FRA leads to be reduced monthly payments while delaying until the age of 70 can lead to higher payments. It reaches maximum once the age is 70.
Spouse and Survivor Benefits: Based on partner’s work, earning history and other eligibility criteria discussed above, the spouse or survivor can receive either the average amount or more.
COLA: Increase in COLA helps in increasing the purchasing power of benefits over the period.
Mode of Payment for $1,800 Social Security Checks
Direct deposit: Primarily, the payment is directly deposited into provides bank account.
Debit card: In case a person doesn’t have a bank account, then they can receive payment on Direct Express debit card which is issued through SSA’s website. The card can be used on most places (like retail, pay online bills or ATMs).
$1,800 Social Security Checks Payment Dates
The payment date follows a schedule based on birth dates of individuals. Typically, the payments are made on every 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Wednesday. The exact date depends on the birth date of the individual. If the payment date coincides with holiday, then the payment is done on the previous working day.
|Birth Dates 1st – 10th
|Birth Dates 11th – 20th
|Birth Dates 21st – 31st
|February 14, 2024
|February 21, 2024
|February 28, 2024
SSI benefit holders receive the payment on 3rd of every month.
How to apply for $1800 Social Security Checks Benefit ?
Eligible & Qualified Persons can apply for the Social Security Benefits , as per the steps listed here.
- Open the website ssa.gov.
- Select the age and then required benefit.
- Click on learn how to apply.
- Fill the details in the application form and then submit.
How to track status of $1800 Social Security Checks Payment ?
Track Status (if $1,800 Social Security Checks has been activated):
- Open the website ssa.gov.
- On the homepage, click on “check $1,800 Social Security Checks Application Status”.
- Click on Sign In option with required credentials.
- Application status will then be displayed on the screen for you.
If a person doesn’t receive the check within three days of payment date, then they can call the SSA at 800-772-1213 or visit the local Social Security office.
|EJSR Magazine Home Page